Wooo. That was a bit of a hiatus. My last post was January of 2021. A lot has happened in the last couple of years, and perhaps I got a wee bit derailed in my writing, but I’m back on track with completing AT4.
First things first, however, we can’t call it AT4 anymore. Today I officially announce that the fourth book in the Togahan series will be called…
A Togahan’s Debt
No, it’s not about Dante repaying his student loans, but rather it picks up where A Togahan’s Chance left off (and I won’t summarize that here, because spoilers). If you read Chance, then you can probably guess what debt needs to be repaid.
It will be released on November 27, definitely in time for the holidays in case you need a last minute gift for the sci-fi fan in your life. So regardless of how I got back on the track or the detours I took to get there, I’ll be pulling into the station shortly. Hooray!
I also have a lot of hanging goals from last year. Do you really want to hear about them? I guess I’ll review them just as a matter of putting a bow on it, but surprise! Surprise! I blew most of my 2021 goals and just sort of assumed the same ones for 2022:
Read 20 books
- 2021: 14 books read, so 70%, or C- (boooooo)
- 2022: 13 books read so far, 65%, a squeaked-through D unless I read more (which will probably happen).
Write 27 posts
- 2021: 0 posts written, grade is 0.0. I totally Otto Blutarsky’d that one.*
- 2022: I made no goal. Daniel Day’d that one*
Record/Voice over the first chapter for A Togahan’s Tale
- 2021: nope
- 2022: *whistle* – I still want to do this, but I want to practice a little first. I keep second-guessing this, so I’ll keep my thoughts close for now. I’m removing this as a public goal going forward…
Walk 5+ Miles every day
- 2021: I averaged 5.07 miles, hitting the mark 63% of all days. Worse than 2020, but still passed.
- 2022: Currently averaging 4.29 miles/day, but there’s still time what with leaves, yardwork, snow shoveling, etc. I’ll let you know in January.
Get back on schedule for
Togahan #4 A Togahan’s Debt
- 2021: Kept at it, surely but very slowly
- 2022: Same. I never really stopped or gave up, but I went through some long pauses as I dealt with life. I had to prioritize things, and while writing remains important to me, sometimes it had to slide for more pressing family matters. But I never walked away from it entirely. I completed the final draft in 2021, had it copy edited earlier this year, and spent the rest of the time formatting and tinkering for e-release. But it’s in the can at this point. I’m excited to hear what you think when it comes out, and I’m itching to pick up the story for AT5.
So, let’s just say that I took a gap year on my author stuff while I recovered and reassessed. Some of that I’ll talk about in the next few weeks. I won’t report any more about the goals this year. There are more important things to talk about.
*Animal House, anybody?
A Togahan’s Debt will be released on Sunday November 27, 2022 (ebook form only) but is currently available for preorder at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Order now to be sure you have it on day 1! Also, all Togahan books will remain at $4.99 until January 5, 2023, but then I gotta raise the price to help cover expenses.